Mini Distance Widget

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Trail Run Part II

Map of 1/16 Trail Run at Folsom LakeToday my running group ran out at Folsom Lake again on a 6.2 (10k) course.  We ran 3 loops.  This is not my favorite way to run.  I am a person that likes running one big loop.  I don't know why but running around and around just doesn't fit my personality very well.  This was a group race with awards handed out at the end.  My running group, gO Running, is a lot of fun.  Everyone waits for the rest of the group to finish.  They cheer and clap when you finish.  How great is that? 

Afterwards, one of our members-Heather, cooked us breakfast.  She didn't run so she could cook us breakfast. Is that great or what?  We had eggs, monkey bread, bananas, oranges, hot cocoa, chocolate milk, coffee.  It was great.  I highly recommend running with a group.  They hold you accountable, they encourage you.  It is just the best running experience you can find.  I ran for 9 months on my own and it was hard.  I really like running with a group.

The trail run was tough.  You body has to work much harder to run.  The single track part of the run slopes on the left and the right so you better have some flexibility in your ankles which I do  not have on the left ankle.  I hurt it pretty bad playing soccer when I was 28.  It was never the same.  Nothing a few Ibuprofen won't cure at home. 

Earlier in the week a bunch of people from my running group went and saw the movie "From Hood to Coast".  I highly recommend it for it's entertainment value.  You don't have to be a runner to enjoy this movie.  If you like "characters"  you would probably enjoy this movie.  It has funny moments as well as poignant moments. 

In the coming weeks I plan on finalizing the purpose of this blog.  One is to hopefully motivate people with what I am doing.  I hope to provide some tools for people who like me are attempting their first marathon and for others the tools on raising money for a cause.  That is the underlying reason for this whole thing I am doing.  I would like to raise money for spinal cord injury research.

No comments:

Post a Comment