Mini Distance Widget

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Brett's Story from 1980


I've been scanning old family photographs my parents have and recently came across an article written about my brother Brett one year after his accident.  In order to put it here I have had to scan it in pieces to make in fit on the scanner's face plate.  This article reminded me why I ran the CIM and committed a year in my life to get there.  It wasn't easy for me, but it was far easier than what my brother did to get one little muscle in his arm back. It's hard to read this because the clip had deteriorated  but I hope you take the time to do so. You can click on the excerpts and get a bit bigger clip that is a little easier to read.  A side note to what my family calls Brett's accident, the boy that pulled him out of the water who was his friend, was recently profiled on the TV show "Undercover Boss".  His name is Rick Tigner and he is now President of Kendall-Jackson Winery.  I don't think that he knows the gift he gave my family the day he turned around and swam back to my brother.  He will always be a hero to me.




1 comment:

  1. You're from a very athletic family, for sure! I didn't realize how your brother got injured until reading this article.

    ReplyDelete