Mini Distance Widget

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Future Races

Currently I am training for the Shamrock'n Half Marathon on March 13th. It begins and ends at Raley Field in West Sacramento.http://www.shamrocknhalf.com/.  Should be fun since a lot of my running group will be there also. I think I need to figure out if I am going to be wearing any goofy St. Patrick's Day clothing items.  More then likely I will be running in capris so I guess I could find some men's underwear to wear over them. 

The other race that I have registered for is the Bay to Breakers in San Francisco on May 15th.  http://baytobreakers.com/.  I am really looking forward to this one. I understand it is one of the oldest organized races in this country.  This year will be the 100th Anniversary of the race.  I'm thinking I will probably only run this once so the 100th anniversary sounded like the right time for me.  It was pretty expensive though.  I had race fees, then mailing fees, then bus fees, then I decided to get the tech shirt instead of the T-shirt which cost me an additional $30 so all in all $120.  The nice thing is I get to spend the day before in Berkeley with Brett.  We always have a good time together and I love Berkeley.

No comments:

Post a Comment